Where to Stay in NYC - Hotel Review
My twin sister, Madison and I have been lucky enough to visit New York City a number of times and love it more and more with every stay. Only an hour plane ride from our home in Toronto, Canada - NYC makes a perfect weekend destination!
WHERE TO START? LOCATION & PRICE POINT
We always begin our hotel hunt by choosing where we’d like to stay and the type of accommodation we are looking for. I’ve stayed in a hostel, a 5 star hotel, a boutique hotel and chain hotels in NYC and have loved them all. When I found Public Hotels: By Ian Schraeger I was so impressed. The style of the hotel, the location in Bowery area and the sleekness of the room was exactly what we hoped for and it was more than we could have imagined!
PUBLIC Hotel New York
We loved this hotel because..
1) City Style Amenities – who needs a gym and a pool or even room service when you have a Rooftop Bar, Rooftop Terrace, Full Sized Studio54 vibes club, two full service restaurants, and a lounge/work/bar area
2) Room– Our room was a one bedroom king size bed with views of the city. Our floor to ceiling window beside the bed and modern accessories throughout the room, as well as the general modern aesthetic was perfect for our taste.
3) Location – In the heart of Bowery with a beautiful park across the street and about a million and one restaurants, bars, shops and galleries within a ten minute walk and subway stops to get you anywhere in the city two minutes away this was the perfect location for our trip.
4) People – The staff were super friendly and made sure we were looked after. They always had great suggestions for things to do and made sure we were aware of the events taking place in the hotel.
5) Exclusivity – I’ve never stayed at a hotel that made me feel like I was living in the city. We loved that this hotel felt like it was a part of the neighborhood. We also loved that we had access to Public Arts & Events - parties and music events in the city.